Content

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lune de Miel

Ahh Paris. What can I say that has not been said before?
It is all true- beautiful, romantic, unique, charming, stylish, delicious.

 A few things that struck me about the city: the way of life, cultural diversity, and fantastic food quality. The pace at which people move and live felt like a calm river as opposed to the raging waters of say New York or Bucharest.'Parisians have got it right' I told Catalin throughout our week-long stay. Of course I realize my bias, this was a relatively short vacation although I enjoyed pretending to live in Paris for the week. No alarms set on this trip (except for the day we flew out). Usually I'd wake up first followed by Cata who would then head downstairs to the boulangerie for fresh croissants. Breakfast in Paris was one of my favorite parts of the trip; good food, the one I love, and a little balcony view of Paris to start the morning. Mmm. 

Sorry I don't have many food photographs, usually it was already eaten by the time I even thought of a picture. Thus, a couple of these are sourced from the web but they are actual pictures of the same dishes I ate at the same restaurant, only taken by someone else at a different time. Note B) & C) were my favorite meals. The Baltique salad consisted of smoked salmon, and boiled shrimp over a green salad drizzled with a cream sauce and the juice from a lemon wedge. To top it off they added a half avocado in the center. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Favorite Meals (which are not listed in any particular order):
A)Falaffel from L'As Du Fallafel in the Marais district
B)Confit de canard (pan fried duck with green salad and potatoes) Café du Marché
C)Baltique salade from an unknown restaurant in Montmartre--we were wandering.
D)Steak Frites from Restaurant Chartier
E)Banana and Nutella Crepe bought a few times in the Latin Quarter
CLICK any photo to view the slideshow.












0 comments:

My story:

Girl meets boy.
Love strikes.
Boy moves to Romania,
girl (now engaged) follows suit.

I'll be living abroad for the first time in my life beginning January 11th 2011. Follow this blog if you want to see my adventures.