Content

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Romanian Feast

Cata and I went straight to Medias after Paris for what I thought would be a small, low key, family party. That concept quickly changed when I walked into a kitchen filled with three Romanian women (Cata's mom plus two aunts) standing in a production line around a giant deep fryer. Nearby trays were slowly being filled with chiftele (fried meatballs), snitel de pui (breaded/fried chicken breast) and fried fish. This is serious, I thought, and then proceeded to sample their work.

The feast included a first course of the aforementioned plus Romanian cheeses, icre (fish egg dip), smoked meats (pork and salami slices), black olives, tomatoes and other veggies. Round two was a delicious pork roast with mashed potatoes, sliced bread and a salad. Lastly we finished the meal with a chocolate cake plus trays of various sweets. We were home, surrounded by family, drinking wine and eating a huge meal. It felt like a Romanian Thanksgiving.

CLICK to view slideshow:










0 comments:

My story:

Girl meets boy.
Love strikes.
Boy moves to Romania,
girl (now engaged) follows suit.

I'll be living abroad for the first time in my life beginning January 11th 2011. Follow this blog if you want to see my adventures.