Content

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fascinating interview: American Businessman investing in Romania

Don Lothrop is described by the interviewer as "not a businessman but firstly a civic minded person". Lothrop has visited Romania 58 times since his first trip in 2003, in fact his American friends jokingly call him "The Romanian". He has some great insights on the biggest problems facing Romania today and what the future may hold. He touches on the following topics: illegal logging, economic fairness, young Romanians coming home from abroad and promoting true democracy in Romania. For me it was a great pleasure to see someone making positive change in this country where, I confess, I have felt it to be impossible at times. Enjoy this nugget of positivity!


0 comments:

My story:

Girl meets boy.
Love strikes.
Boy moves to Romania,
girl (now engaged) follows suit.

I'll be living abroad for the first time in my life beginning January 11th 2011. Follow this blog if you want to see my adventures.