Content

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A taste of Spain

          



  Click to view slide show








Photos of Cata and I (right column) were taken by our friend Bogdan Stamatin who currently lives in Barcelona. Lucky guy.
What a gift! I know lots of people sign up for wedding registries to receive the kitchen appliance(s) of their dreams, or say a beautiful china set. That is all well and good but our friends here in Bucharest gave us something a little different...a trip to Barcelona. I was thrilled to go on holiday right in the middle of what had become a dreary Bucharest winter. We spent lots of time outdoors in Barcelona where the sunny weather called for a light jacket instead of a down jacket (yipeee). For me, the best part of Barcelona, minus Gaudi's great works, was the food and drink. I think we tried and enjoyed something new everyday from tortilla de patata (watch how to make it here), Spanish red wine, tapas, fresh seafood and bocadillos filled with jamon y queso. Mmmmm Spain tasted good. All that is left now is to go back for seconds.

Sharing a drink and a laugh with our good friend Bogdan. Photo by: Catalin Abagiu




0 comments:

My story:

Girl meets boy.
Love strikes.
Boy moves to Romania,
girl (now engaged) follows suit.

I'll be living abroad for the first time in my life beginning January 11th 2011. Follow this blog if you want to see my adventures.