Content

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dinner Impossible

DIY chili powder.



There are two integral parts of a good chili: chili powder and beans. The lack of those ingredients was not going to stop me from making a damn good chili tonight though. No canned beans? Fine, I used dry beans and cooked them for 2 hours. I should mention that I've never cooked beans before (thank God these beans came out fine). No chili powder? I looked up the spices actually found in chili powder and used those. With a little guesstimation and some luck I ended up with a delicious chili for dinner. Victory was sweet, or spicy in this case. Next time I might attempt the cornbread. No, they don't sell cornbread mix in this country either.


0 comments:

My story:

Girl meets boy.
Love strikes.
Boy moves to Romania,
girl (now engaged) follows suit.

I'll be living abroad for the first time in my life beginning January 11th 2011. Follow this blog if you want to see my adventures.