Content

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pandora alternative

UPDATE: Songza stopped working in Romania (possibly Europe?) but another site works just fine for me, it is called Jango Best of luck!

Unlike a lot of people, I do not have a large music library. Call me lazy, but I just don't feel like having another massive thing to pour money into, backup and maintain. Photography serves that purpose just fine, believe me. This is why I love pandora so much, it does the work for me, is free, and it kind of knows me by now.

Too bad you can't get pandora in europe (technically you can if you use a hack but I've found that to be an unreliable method) Good news is that I've found a comparable alternative- Songza. You can type in an artist and create a station to your liking, just like pandora, but so far I have been enjoying stations made by other people. Stations like: "2011 Grammy Winners", "George Straight", and my favorite by far "90's One Hit Wonders".

In other news:
-With the help of google maps plus a real map I am starting to find my confidence moving about the city. It feels great.
-The weather is starting to suck less. C'mon winter, get over yourself already.
-I am volunteering for an NGO
-I am working toward getting a residence permit.

UPDATE: Songza stopped working in Romania (possibly Europe?) but another site works just fine for me, it is called Jango



0 comments:

My story:

Girl meets boy.
Love strikes.
Boy moves to Romania,
girl (now engaged) follows suit.

I'll be living abroad for the first time in my life beginning January 11th 2011. Follow this blog if you want to see my adventures.